We help immigrants, job seekers and young adults find and follow the career and or education that works for them. We also work with organizations to help them maximize the employee potential, from manager to executive level. We want our clients to succeed in their workplace -offering work experience and career exploration workshops so they can make the right choice!
1. Practicum Work Experience
This Practicum work experience will provide participants with opportunities to apply theory to practice and gain valuable real-world work-related experience. Participants will be able to demonstrate how they are capable of solving complex problems and working collaboratively as part of a team. Upon completion of this course, the successful participant will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
– Integrate, demonstrate, and apply the knowledge and skills gained in the program.
– Effectively evaluate acquired professional skills and personal strengths and weaknesses.
– Apply critical and analytical skills and tools in understanding the needs of the work experience location.
– Work effectively in a collaborative environment participating as a member or leader of a team.
– Respond to constructive feedback and other forms of guidance from team members, peers and supervisors.
One of the most difficult things to do in life is looking for work. However, you should not just be looking for the next paycheque. As a Professional, you need to start looking at your career within an extended timeframe. This course provides the skills to find your first job, but to start planning where you want to see your career progress. The skills you will learn in this course will support you through your working career. Upon completion of this course, the successful participant will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
– Create a networking list that includes both warm calls and cold calls
– Write a cover letter for a job posting
– Write and tailor a resume for specific job requirements
– Conduct themselves professionally in an interview situation
– Negotiate and close the job offer